Here are some hints for Lateral Thinking Puzzles #1. The numbers below correspond to the question number.
- Think about which direction Dan might have thrown the ball.
- Read the king's rules for the race very carefully.
- This isn't a magic trick, and there's nothing special about the egg.
- The man's actions were the safest course of action for him.
- Consider whether one, twenty-eight and one hundred fifty two must be the quantities purchased, or whether they might be something else.
- Note that the jugs are plastic, so you can cut the jugs.
- You can assume that the bulbs are incandescent bulbs.
- This is a bit of a trick question.
- Is there one back which, if you select one coin from it, you can tell what it is?
- Perhaps the boy was happy to receive any type of letter from her, but why?
Back to puzzles | View answers