Here are some hints for Lateral Thinking Puzzles #3. The numbers below correspond to the question number.
- Think about what kind of floor this might have been.
- If you know your American Civil War history, the general in this puzzle did the opposite of what General Burnside did at the Battle of Antietam.
- How did John end the trip?
- For each weighing, you may have multiple coins on each side of the balance.
- How many at-bats did each player have in the last two games?
- There were only three people on the boat, but how can you make that consistent with the first sentence?
- What could the word "married" mean?
- The woman knows something about books that isn't obvious, but what?
- No hint here; this is a pretty classic way of dividing anything up.
- What time of day is it?
Back to puzzles | View answers