Here are some hints for Lateral Thinking Puzzles #4. The numbers below correspond to the question number.
- In which direction was the man heading when he was approaching the middle of the field?
- Think symmetry.
- All of the clocks were in working order when Fred originally set them.
- What assumptions are you making about the other three poker players?
- There is a better strategy than complaining about the contents of the bag.
- Thinking about the way in which the engraving was delivered may provide you with insight.
- If luggage can be four feet long, it could also be four feet wide.
- You would have to put one of the boards on top of the other. But how can you do it without the boards toppling over?
- Drawing a diagram might help.
- This is probably the most famous lateral thinking puzzle ever. No further hints are required.
Back to puzzles | View answers