A brief list of what's new on Math Lair. This is not a complete list of
changes; I don't list minor changes here, just new pages or major overhauls.
Sometimes I forget to update the page for major changes either.
- April 27, 2020: I've added Distribution of Terms and two new Pillow-Problems: 45 and
- March 30, 2020: I've added Aliquot Chains for Numbers 1–1000.
- March 24, 2020: I've added Angle Measurement.
- March 22, 2020: I've created pages on Hypothesis Testing and Parameter Estimation and added chapter 7 of The Search for Truth, and made several miscellaneous changes.
- March 20, 2020: I've created Niven numbers and Numbers 11-20 in Different Languages and made several changes to other pages.
- March 18, 2020: I've created a page about the Wuhan Coronavirus with the eventual idea of demonstrating exponential growth (currently I only have raw numbers). Also created a new baseball cards answers page, correlation is not causation, and pages ondecimals and extrapolation.
- January 17, 2015: I've added a page about Eulerian squares.
- January 12, 2015: I've added a page about adding apples and oranges.
- January 11, 2015: I've added eight pages, including Variables, Parameters, and Constants, Recreational Logic, Riddles, and more. I've also written a new book, 125 Lateral Thinking Puzzles.
- November 30, 2014: I've written a new book, Paradoxes, Fallacies, and Braintwisters.
- November 15, 2014: Win a book! To celebrate the 500th page on Math Lair and the 15th year of the cite, there is a contest running until December 15.
- November 13, 2014: A new milestone has been reached: There are now 500 pages on Math Lair. Pages of interest added recently include a new page of lateral thinking puzzles, a page about stacks of books, problems about Rockets (the candy), some more chapters from A Search for Truth, and more.
- May 17, 2014: I've redesigned this site's home page and the site logo and added a new puzzle: The Two Hourglasses.
- May 8, 2014: I've aded pages on Sprouts and Lie Detection Puzzles.
- April 14, 2014: I've added four pages, including a start on solutions for the second practice test in The Official SAT Study Guide and a page on quadrilaterals. There are now 450 pages on the site.
- December 30, 2013: I've added a new game, Trading Post.
- December 12, 2013: I've added several eight new pages: The Spider and the Fly, A Christmas Dinner and Some Knotty Problems (both by Henry E. Dudeney), the clustering illusion, noon and midnight, the doomsday argument, Occam's razor, pre-decimal British currency and coins, and a page on errors in the mathematics section of the SAT.
- December 3, 2013: I've added several pages, including another new page of lateral thinking puzzles, several new pages in the "Test Preparation" section, a page on Pell's equation, one on the law of large numbers, and more.
- November 16, 2013: I've added a new page of lateral thinking puzzles.
- November 14, 2013: I've added a fair bit to probability page and added several pages related to probability, including the principle of indifference, flipping a coin, and Monty Hall problem.
- October 7, 2013: I've added about 20 new pages to the site, including a new test preparation section and some related pages, a few chapters from the book The Search for Truth by Eric Temple Bell, as well as pages on the eight queens puzzle, Russian peasant multiplication, guess my number, a "proof" that you never go to school, problems that make use of the pigeonhole principle, and some new book reviews.
- July 26, 2012: I've created a new look for the site (no more blue background, for the most part) and I've added several pages here and there.
- July 15, 2012: I've added some new puzzles, including Lateral Thinking Puzzles, The Well in the Field, The Disadvantages of Being Absent-minded and How Much Profit?
- February 16, 2011: I've moved this site to a different server.
- January 27th, 2002: Added a page
about zero. I've also rearranged parts
of the site.
- November 26th, 2001: Added a
Sierpinski gasket page and a
Positional notation page.
- November 19th, 2001: Added a
informal fallacies page.
- November 15th, 2001: Added a
- September/October, 2001: Oops, haven't updated this
page in a while with my changes. Recently though, I've added a
Physics bibliography, a page on
prime gaps, and one on
- June 17, 2001: I've added pages on
the three construction problems of antiquity,
pi, a chronology
of calculating pi, the Fundamental Theorem of
Arithmetic, how big is a million? and
transcendental numbers, and updated
about 20% of the pages in the site.
- May 14, 2001: I've added an
in-depth divisibility page and updated
- April 25, 2001: I've noticed that I haven't updated
this page in a while. So, I added pages on
absolute value and
chess, and I've updated several pages.
- January 28, 2001: Added a start at a
game theory page.
- January 20, 2001: Added a
graphs of functions page.
- December 26-28, 2000: Added an
Arabic numerals page,
numbers in other languages,
Greek metric prefixes, and a page on
the new millennium.
Also updated numerous pages.
- December 14, 2000: Added a
- December 6, 2000: More updates and added a general
number theory page.
- November 27, 2000: Made several updates and added a
$1 words page.